Where did my brother go?

But first... Happy #TBT
Michelle invented "Photobombing." Can you spot her? loll
No comment...
 I don't know if cute is the right word to describe Gene now, but when he was a baby.. man.. he was one cute baby! Do you not agree? 

He's currently serving his mission in New York and we email each other every week. I'm not asking where he went literally, but more mentally, spiritually, etc! Not that he was ever not in the right place, but last week, I was telling him some of the "mentally taxing" things that went on recently, and this was part of his response... 
"...do you know what the biggest thing you can do for pride? Charity, humility. I don't care if they make fun of you so you shouldn't either! God doesn't care either... as long as you keep on following his commandments he loves you with everything that he has! You worry about the stupid things... Get better improve! Don't complain! I only send this response in hopes to inspire you to do to better! TO BE BETTER!... turn to your father in heaven and ask him what to do and where to go and he will tell you...
but other Than that everything seems to going well in life just keep on working hard! You can do it!"
Umm... what?? Is this really my little brother talking? hahaha I'm beyond proud to call him my brother. Usually, I'd like it if he just agreed with me, but he obviously went the higher way and it just makes me happy. I can see his progression just by reading his emails each week. One year ago, I wouldn't have been saying that, but he's always been the most tender-hearted in our family. When we were younger and my brothers and I weren't always very close, Gene was always the one I turned to when I wanted to vent or just talk. He was my go-to guy! (Now it's Justin hehe) Keep changing for the better, baby brotha!

Happy Almost-Friday! heh

Comments

Popular Posts