General Conference

Are you ready for one of the best times of the year?!

I really really like going to church, but nothing beats General Conference weekend. Staying in my pajamas all weekend and being lazy, all while listening to the leaders of our Church. It's like a Mormon holiday!

For whatever reason, I grew up not really watching the Saturday sessions. My family would just go to church on Sunday and watch it, while the kids would try and listen and take notes. I didn't know how to take notes back then, and I remember writing in my notebook once about someone who got stunk up by skunks and had to sit outside all night. I don't even remember which talk that was or who it was by, but that's the only talk I remember when I was little.

But this means, I never watched all four sessions (before Priesthood Session was available for all), until October of 2012, my sophomore year at BYU. And that General Conference weekend was probably the most influential for me. That was when the missionary age changed and everybody was going crazyyyyy... but that was also when I heard some of the greatest talks when I needed it most. 

I know listening to the words of our Prophet and leaders will bring blessings and guidance into our lives. Get those questions ready! Watch and listen, here, tomorrow & Sunday. You won't regret it!

P.S. Remember that one time Gene was on worldwide television when he sang in the Priesthood Session last October? That was pretty cool hahah

Comments

Popular Posts