I didn't need to be anywhere by 8am this morning

Just a few hours after my lunch break on Friday, I was laid off. Fired. Terminated. Let go. Whatever you wanna call it. The result is the same. I'm unemployed again. 

I do feel like I got blindsided. I was shocked and felt like I was in the dark the whole time. I felt like my pride took a beating and I left unhappy. I even felt like, maybe this was some kind of punishment. But it didn't take long for me to feel relieved and happy that something that sounded so bad was actually such a good thing. A few co-workers even reached out to me, and they're the reason why it was even bearable for me to stay. 

Instead of feeling depressed about being unemployed again, I feel so much gratitude in my heart for how blessed I am, again. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. Not too long after I got home feeling so dejected, Kyugene came knocking on the door to keep me company. [In Justin's defense, he was in the testing center for almost 7 hours and had no idea until after. He's excused heh] The last crying I did was when Justin walked in the door. I just had another huge rush of emotions and couldn't hold it in hahaha He is my best friend and comforter ;) Then not too long after that, Kyugene & Hyuna unni came over with ice cream and ordered pizza! Thennn, Eugene & Jeongyeon unni came over with our 2nd bag of Hot Cheetos! hahaha Earlier, Kyugene requested Sprite with the pizza, so Justin went to Smith's after donating blood and bought it along with Hot Cheetos! Everybody knows me so well heh It was a night full of love & laughter. I'm so grateful that I have my amazing husband and amazing brothers & sisters who were willing to give up date night to make me happy :)


Probably won't be too happy that I put this picture up LOL


This might've sounded like a little venting post, but remember when I said a couple posts ago, I just want Heavenly Father to tell me to "do that, stop that" etc? Well, I think I got my answer. He probably had me fired because He knew I didn't have the heart to quit so easily. 

I've said it a million times in the past few days, but this was truly a blessing in disguise. I don't have one ounce of sadness in my body about the situation. I'm so grateful for the people that have reached out to me with love and encouragement. Now, I know to enjoy and cherish these upcoming days for whatever Heavenly Father has planned for me next, whether or not that means finding another job soon.

Comments

Popular Posts