I don't feel like cooking today

And we don't want to spend money eating at a restaurant or some fast food place. We're stingy frugal like that..

When I wasn't married, or even dating Justin, if I was hungry and didn't want to cook anything, I would just make a cheese quesadilla and spread some salsa & sour cream. If it was really bad, I just ate cereal or a granola bar LOL Don't tell me you've never done that...

Anyway...

Now, our only compromise is making something quick and easy! Or, Justin eats leftovers I bring home... heh..heh... Last week was one of those weeks that I didn't want to cook (I promise it's not every week), and these are some of the easiest recipes everrrrr!

TACOS
All you need to do is cook the meat (we use lean turkey) with some seasoning, cut up some lettuce, and heat up some tortillas! Easy peasy. Probably takes like 15 minutes to make/set-up the whole thing.

SPAGHETTI
Obviously, this is just sauce out of the jar, but to make it "healthier," I added lots of onions and mushrooms. And instead of beef, we used turkey (again) for the meat. Usually we also use whole-grain pasta, but not this night. Probably should've had some salad with this, but I was obviously way too lazy to do that. Not the healthiest meal we can eat, but it's quick and easy! And sometimes we need a little quick & easy in our lives.

BRAZILIAN CHICKEN STROGANOFF
This is Aaron's recipe and my goodness, so easy to make and so delicious! Yes, those are potato chips on top. I can't eat it without them. Usually, the real stroganoff uses other potato toppings, but I think these chips add the perfect touch. This is a mix of ketchup, mustard and heavy cream. You think ew, but this is so good! I crave it sometimes haha I never said it was healthy.

Can you tell I love taking pictures of anything and everything? I'll admit, I have nothing better to take pictures of these days... but hopefully, I gave you some easy dinner ideas. 
Really though, you gotta try that stroganoff :)

I'll probably continue to post lots of pictures of food.
 Maybe that way I'll be motivated to cook new things for my hubs hahaha
And if I get real ambitious, I'll even post the recipe. 
For now, for the two people that may visit every once in a while can ask me for recipes!

Also... very random... but shallots smell AMAZING! I forgot to mention that while making the pad thai over the weekend.. but I can smell that thing frying all day...

Eat, drink juice, and be merry!
Happy Tuesday

Comments

Popular Posts