My brother once said...

Justin is the hawtest in the whole werld.
(by the one and only, Justin Kahng)

But really, my brother once said that I wasn't ready to get married because I didn't know how to cook. This was offensive. First of all, because I never said I was in a rush to get married. And... there's no second, because Kyugene really knows how to cook so I can't really insult him about his cooking. But a girl can learn! Brothers can be so mean and honest sometimes. I love it.

I may have taken it to heart, just a little bit, and started cooking! Kind of. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of my food, so I went back on Pinterest to find some of the things I've made over the past year. Don't worry, it's not a lot.

Warning: the pictures went a little psycho on me, so I gave up on trying to make it look nice. 

Kimchi Soup
Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi Pancakes
Salmon Teriyaki
Japanese Curry
                
Seaweed Soup




Crab Rangoons
Pad Thai
Thai Pineapple Curry
                   
Sticky Rice with Mango
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Tomato Cream Pasta


Red Chicken Enchiladas
White Sauce Enchiladas

Baked Fries
       

Cheesecake
Banana Bread/with Cream Cheese Filling
Grape Salad
 

Not bad, right?! Except they didn't all taste as good as they look in these pictures. A lot of them were made for the first time this year and Justin was my guinea pig.. ha..ha.. I know a lot of these didn't turn out very well, especially the Thai food, but he was still supportive about it. Do you see why I love this guy so much?! My #1 supporter.

A lot of this stuff is really easy, so if I can do it, so can you! (I have a new reader on the blog! Hi Ryan! My third reader. I'm so flattered hahah)

Anyway, I remember when I was younger (as in 20 years young), I was actually kind of scared to cook because I didn't know how to make anything beyond the really basic stuff. As an even younger girl, whenever I asked my mom if I could help in the kitchen, she didn't really let me do anything but cut things once in a while. But I had to learn some time, right? And it's surprisingly a lot more fun than I thought. Annnddd, practice makes perfect. Even if some of them came out poopy, I now know what I need to fix and make it better!

Here's to more cooking/baking adventures!

Comments

Popular Posts