Leah: 5 Months

Hello 5 Months!
I can't believe how fast time is going...
After the dreaded first two months, every month is flyingggg by!
No, she hasn't slept through the night, not even on accident lol
But whatever! Things could be worse..

She kind of established a bed time for herself, which is typically around 8-8:30pm.
From then on she'll wake up because she wants her binky or is hungry, but will go back to sleep.
Typically, she'll wake up between 6 and 7... which is way too early for me...
She no longer doesn't hate post baths, meaning she won't cry till she starts gagging hahah
She doesn't really cry at all anymore, thank goodness.. I always got stressed when we gave her a bath.
She can officially roll over!
Before, she would just go back to side, sometimessss onto her stomach, but now I think I can say she's officially rolling over~
She needs the binky almost every time to fall asleep, unless she's reached ultimate sleepiness, which makes it easy but hard during other times... I have a love/hate relationship with it.
She's still talking lots, but my favorite is that she started laughing!
She's given us laughs previous months, but were more like giggles.
Now she's laughing for reals! And it's the cutest.
She started wiggling herself down her swing, which is kinda funny to watch lol
She enjoys her play mat a little more, but I don't think she'll last much longer on it.
When feeding her, she'll kind of grab onto the bottle and it's so dang cute, I don't know why.

But the biggest thing that's happened this past month was that she went to Hawaii!
We spent Thanksgiving there with Justin's family and it was my first time, too!!
I'll do a separate post on that fun vacation soon :)
Missing that warm weather already with the snow here in Utah.
Traveling with a baby when exclusively pumping is already a little tough, but I couldn't have asked Leah to be any better.
She obviously had a few cranky moments, but she did pretty well overall.

There are moments when I want to pull my hair out whether it's because she wakes up every hour or just from sheer exhaustion. Seriously... sometimes I feel so tired that if someone asked me, "Are you okay?" "Are you tired?" I bet I can legit cry... LOL
But all in all... Leah is a good baby.
There are really only two reasons she ever really cries.
One, because she's tired and we're not letting her sleep.
Two, because she's really really hungry.

Each month that passes by, my gratitude and love for her grows.
I think I can say that I enjoy motherhood (most of the time) and actually mean it haha

Comments

Popular Posts