Proposal Story


Today is our one year anniversary!!!! Since Justin proposed heh
I don't think I ever really told anybody how it all happened, except for the lovely people that were there for the surprise. 

It's a long one, so you can stop reading here if you're not interested.
Otherwise, keep reading :)
Here it goessss

Tuesday, February 10, 2015
Justin missed school all day because he got food poisoning from pho. And he was siiiiickkkk.... I went to his place after I was done with all my stuff just to keep him company. It didn't make sense at the time, but he kept saying, "I need to get better by tomorrow. I can't be sick tomorrow." And stuff like that. I just thought he didn't want to miss another day of school hahahha

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 <3
It started off like any other school day~ I went to class, work, gym, and then the library because that's where Justin was studying/doing homework. We stayed there until... 5ish pm, then Justin said he wanted to go home. So we were walking down South of campus towards the duck pond and Justin just kept texting and texting somebody and it started to annoy me a little bit. We're always holding hands when we're walking with each other, but since he had to text he would keep letting go to text, so I was like, "It's okay, you don't have to hold my hand. Just keep texting." And I said it with a little sass LOL Imagine how nervous he was getting hahahaha I kill myself..

Anyway, then he calls Aaron or vice versa (can't remember), and says Aaron is gonna pick us up at the duck pond. And at that point, I was just annoyed... So I said, "Why don't we just go down these stairs (which were not the duck pond stairs, hence, almost ruining the surprise), it's closer." And surprisingly, Justin agreed, but I just said, "Nevermind, we can go to the duck pond stairs." Still had no idea what was going to happen, but suspicious of something...

As we were walking down the path by the streams and whatnot, he stops and says, "I have something to show you." And I'm like, "What.." And he starts taking out the personalized calendar I made for Christmas just a couple months before that. And I'm thinking... why the heck would he bring that? "You could just show me later..." He ignored me and proceeded.. then he turns the day to February 11 where it said...
And you can imagine how shocked I was... Mainly, because I thought he would propose some time after Valentine's day since we were going to LA for the weekend and I thought that was when he was going to ask for permission, etc etc hahaha 
Never in my life did I think Justin could actually surprise me LOL I always thought I would know somehow and be dressed nicer, look prettier, etc.. but by the way I was dressed, I was obviously surprised.. Props to himmm ;)
Now here's the embarrassing part.. after Justin got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, I cried and stuff, but when he tried to put the ring on my finger, it was too small!
I panicked and thought it'd be embarrassing if the ring didn't fit, so I moved his hand and shoved it down my finger instead AHAHAHA As you can see in the picture below, it doesn't look like the most perfect fit. Took it off later with a little struggle, but yes... Obviously got that fixed later that weekend hahah
My ring finger couldn't breatheeee...
     
Yes, had to take the ring off.. unfortunately..
After we hugged happily, all our wonderful family and friends popped out on top of the hill screaming and cheering! Also had no idea they were there hahaha
HUGE thank you to Maya for taking all those pictures! She's not in the group picture, which makes me sad... but couldn't thank her enough for photographing this special memory AND our amazing engagement picturessss!!
I think Eugene might've been the most excited out of everyone. Including me and Justin LOL




Another inside story about Justin and his preparation to make my sausage fingers look a little decent when he proposed. About two weeks before that, my nail polish was all chipped and ugly, so he would chip them off even more to try to get me to repaint them without actually telling me to. Luckily, I painted them about a week before he proposed, which is why they're not the prettiest, but also not the ugliest nails :p

Now, for the story behind the ring!

When Justin opened the ring box to propose, my first two thoughts were... "Whoa, why is it so big? Is it fake?" (No, it's not a HUGE diamond, but we were/still are poor college students, so yes, it was way bigger than I had imagined)
Second was "Why is the band gold?"
LOL Yes, I know... you're probably thinking, "ungrateful little brat..."

The answer to these questions? 
It was his mom's ring that she offered to give me to wear!
Yes, what an honor... I don't feel worthy to wear it haha
Justin said he didn't even realize the ring was gold, which doesn't make sense to me and I still give him a hard time for it, so we did change the band. However, I still feel bad about changing the band to white gold when it was his mom's wedding band. She did get her gold band back though heh

There you have it!
Our engagement story!
I never thought this would be the way I would get proposed to, but it was the best way :)

Comments

Popular Posts