Leah: 8 Months

Oh hello month #8!
Remember how in my last monthly update I said I gave up on expecting her to sleep through the night?
Well, guess what?!
She slept through the night!
It was just once, but her sleep has gotten so much better!
The first half of the month she was still waking up about 2-3 times, but all of a sudden, one night, she only woke up once!
Obviously, I wasn't expecting her to keep that up, but she did!!!
Maybe I should just stop expecting things out of her hahahah

She usually sleeps for about 9-10 hours straight, so to be honest... maybe you can consider that sleeping through the night, too? Idk... but we just feed her when she wakes up between 3-5am and she goes back to sleep until 7am :)
Every night isn't perfect, but I can't complain seeing that she's doing it all on her own.
One thing that's helped is 90% of the time she just puts the binky back in her mouth if she wants it.
Other times, we had to go and put it back in her mouth every time. Not fun.

Yeah, guess what else?!
Her first two teeth came through!
Guys... I didn't even know she was teething!!
She was sleeping better, she wasn't really irritable... I don't know. I had no idea!
Anyway, randomly, I stuck my finger in her mouth and felt something sharp...
Opened her mouth and there were two little teeth!
I think she's teething right now though... She's been quite the irritable monkey, but it hasn't ruined her sleep *knock on wood* lol
On the bright side, she likes getting her two little teeth brushed haha

It doesn't end there...
She's crawling! hahahha
She has mastered the army crawl lol

She still has stranger anxiety and she always wants us to be by her haa
She's "dadada"-ing a lot & it's the dang cutest thing!
She wants everything we eat, but she's also happy with rice & seaweed, bananas and sweet potatoes :)

Her lists of "tricks" are growing hahaha
She high-fives, claps, "waves" hi, and gives us kisses with her wet, open mouth lol
The only downside is... she only does these when she feels like it hahaha

And just like any other parent, I think my baby is the cutest LOL
But seriously...
She's cute...

Comments

Popular Posts