Leah: 4 Months

Well well well... if it isn't another monthly update...
Leah is another month older and wiser.
I feel like this past month she's grown the fastest, physically...
Or maybe it's just in my head... but I feel like all of a sudden all her 3-month clothes that were still kinda loose last month are all tight...

She's currently about 14 lbs, but won't know for sure until her doctor's appointment tomorrowww

I keep thinking by the next month she'll have at least one night when she sleeps through the night, but here I am... telling you once again, with dark circles under my eyes... it hasn't happened yet.
Sometimes she gives me hope and has a couple nights in a row where I only have to wake up twice... but mostly it's about 3-4 times a night...
On another note, she's officially sleeping in her own crib now!
Before she used to take naps in there, but at night would sleep in the bassinet next to our bed.
But now, she naps AND sleeps in her crib. It's been a few weeks actually...
The first few times I was kind of anxious for her to be in another room, but she doesn't sleep any less in there, so that's a plus :)

I feel like everything that she's doing now is the same as last month. She's just doing more of it.
For example, she's talking A LOT more... sometimes even yelling/screaming for minutes at a time.

This past month she went to her first Clippers game! Whoo! And slept through a whole quarter and then some hahaha

She also went to her first BYU women's volleyball game and slept through the whole thing lol

After going out on several occasions, Justin and I have come to the conclusion that she's an introvert.
Every time we go out, she's usually pretty good and sleeps, but other times she starts crying when there are people crowding around her and she's in a bad mood that whole time.
BUT, when we get back home, all of a sudden she's this happy, smiley little baby again.
She's just like her daddy. The ultimate introvert ;)

I'm pretty sure she knows who Justin and I are, but everyone else is still a stranger to her.
Basically, she'll only show us her happy self to us... which I love and hate at the same time.
I want to share those baby smiles with other people, too! hahahaha
But something almost as cute as her smiles are her pouts!
Seriously guys... she has the cutest pout. Those lower lips will get ya.
Justin will never be able to say "no" if she keeps that up.

She still hates those post baths. Hates hates hates. And I have no idea why.

She has the baddest bald spot in all of baby land hahahah
She moves her head back and forth, back and forth when she's sleeping.... so now she's going bald.
I have a feeling Leah might be a bed hog in the future... 
she's making 180 degree turns in her crib LOL

She's also the biggest daddy's girl everrr
Grumpy & whiny with me when she starts getting cranky, then Justin walks in the door and she's all smiles hahah
She has the WETTEST kisses
Since she likes being held, she can be the cuddliest cuddle bug ever <3

I think being a mom is sometimes the funniest thing...
When she's awake, I don't really want to hold her because I want to get stuff done, but when she's sleeping so peacefully, I just want to hold her all day long!
But I resist that urge...

I'm waiting for the day she starts to actually laugh.
I think she's almost there :)

Way to survive 4 months with me, baby! <3

Comments

Popular Posts