How fast the world is changing

The past couple days, my eyes have been glued to Facebook with curiosity to see what everybody was saying about the Church's "new" policy about children living under same-sex marriage households. No, I'm not going to talk about what I think about the policy and whether I think it's crazy for the Church to do such a thing, or that people are so dumb to make such rash decisions and say such hurtful words about the Church. I will say how shocked I was to see members of the Church so quick to say they were going to take their records out of the Church, how the Church is only destroying families, and how the Church is not founded on Jesus Christ. I will also admit that when I first read the article regarding the policy, I was questioning and thinking why the Church would do that. My initial reaction was, "that doesn't sound like the right thing to do..." I was a little confused.

I feel that all the first posts from people on Facebook [at least that I saw] were people that were very angry and confused about the decision. Then, later that night and the day after, I saw a lot more posts that were defending the Church's decision. And it didn't take me long to realize the true purpose in the Church's decision and I really believe that it is to protect families and children.

I also realized how much strengthening my personal testimony needed. How many times are we told to "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith"? The world is changing so quickly, but the Church is founded on Christ and will not change its doctrine to adjust to this world.
"Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all." - Mosiah 5:15

Comments

Popular Posts