General Relief Society Conference

Last night I had the opportunity to listen to the General Relief Society Conference and never have I ever felt so comforted and uplifted coming out of a conference. We listened to the General Relief Society presidency and President Henry B. Eyring speak about a variety of topics and I felt like each time they were talking to me personally.

All the speakers were absolutely inspiring, but one that stuck out to me the most was Relief Society Second Counselor, Linda S. Reeves', talk. She talked about an experience she had when her husband was struck with a rare disease and how she felt so alone and how she distanced herself from Christ. She reassured that her husband was able to be healthy again and stated how we are never alone and we can't get through it alone. He has a plan for each and every one of us and He feels the depth of our sufferings and has compassion for us. He wants us to pour our hearts to Him, tell him our sorrows, and He'll take it.

I think when we're listening to the lessons or talks given in Church or at conferences, the one that stands out the most is what we need to hear the most. The reason why this talk was so important to me was because it reassured and brought so much comfort into my own life. Aside from the downs in my life, which everyone encounters, there are so many ups in my life and I know that even when I'm feeling alone, I always have someone to rely on because I know He'll always be there for me.

I'm so grateful for the leaders we have today to lead and guide us in these tough times.

So if you're feeling sad. Tell Him. If you're feeling happy. Tell Him. If you just want to talk. Tell Him.

It's the small and simple things.

http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/watch/general-relief-society-meeting/2012/09?lang=eng&vid=1868422116001

Comments

Popular Posts