Two Marriages in 3 Months in the Lee Family

And 4 months unemployed and going...

Before I talk about my meltdown, Eugene got married to the love of his life this past weekend and they're off on their honeymoon! Here are a couple pictures after their sealing. Nothing crazy. Don't mind my face.

It was a very happy occasion and I'm excited for them! I also have a sister in the family now! Up until their marriage, I had six brothers/brothers-in-law haha Seven boys & me! Growing up with brothers, it felt normal, but having another girl in the family will be nice :) 
My parents and grandpa were also in Utah for a couple days and it's always good to see them~

Another good news. We found a place to live in the Fall and we won't be homeless! I was almost in panic mode, but Justin checked KSL just on time and we said we wanted it before we even looked at the apartment personally haha 

As for me... I don't even know how many jobs I've applied to and how many times I've been rejected, but it's been harder than I thought. After leaving my job at BYU in the beginning of May, I have made $0. It's not a fun feeling. I hate feeling like I'm not moving on in my life. But, I finally landed two in-person interviews the past couple of weeks and they were actually jobs I was excited about and was hoping I'd at least get one, but neither one of them worked out. 
Rejection after rejection after rejection y'all. Life of a college grad. All those post-grad memes... they're true. At least for me. 

Well, today, when I got a message from my #1 choice saying they chose someone else, I had a mini-meltdown. Poor Justin, heh. 

I started thinking, man... my mom was right. I should've gotten a degree in nursing, law, or anything else but communications! I can't even tell you a time my mom has been wrong... it's CRAZY. 

And then I started asking myself.. am I supposed to learn something from this? A test of faith? Trust in the Lord's timing? Am I being tested to be humbled? Be patient? 

I wish I had an answer, but I don't. 

So the story goes... 

I have to go back to applying, and I'm not happy about it. 

Comments

  1. Ahh I wish I have read this earlier.. I had the exact same feeling for the past two month and I thought I was the only one.. now I learn from your example and I will wait and see! And put trust in lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice! The job process was definitely hard, but it's funny because now, I don't want to work hahaha I realized I truly have to enjoy the journey~ Thank you for your comments! I love your blog :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts