I can always count on

Family.

I argue with them the most, but I also tell them I love them the most.

You know how people always ask why we criticize and fight with our siblings so much, but not with our friends?
I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that I care for my family more than anyone else despite the arguments and criticisms we spit at each other.

I realized how happy we can make each other and how sad we can make each other. But that never hit me until last week.

The relationship I have with my brothers is one of progress. We rarely talked to each other as younger teens, but it has grown into a bond stronger than any other time in my life. I tell them everything and trust them with everything. Despite knowing our family bond, I didn't think it was like that with my other brothers.

One told me, it bothered him more that I was mad at him than him having to retake a class.

I know... it doesn't sound that big, but to me it was. For someone, who works his tail off to do well in school and prepare for his future, to tell me that a little argument was bothering more than failing a class was eye-opening.

I didn't know how much influence I had in our relationship and I felt horrible. But to know that we were able to fix the problem sooner rather than later really opened my eyes to something not all siblings have.

I know we're going to have our arguments here and there, but I also know that my family, my wonderful three brothers, will always be there for me.

They won't leave me after an argument like some friends would and they won't judge me after a stupid mistake.

And for that, I am thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts