Pregnancy Post: 2nd trimester, so far...

I've been telling myself to do this update for the past few weeks now, but have been so lazy...

I'm almost at the end of my second trimester!
22 weeks to be exact. That's more than halfway!
Crazy...

Physically, I feel a lot better than in my first trimester. I was so excited to be with our families over winter break because we would be eating so much good food! Unfortunately, after thinking my nauseousness was gone, it came back a few days into winter break and I couldn't eat as much...

Since coming back to Utah, I don't have as many lazy days as I used to, but still lots of them haah
The first several weeks of my second trimester was still not as easy as the internet said it would be lol I was still having my nauseousness, still tired at times, etc.
BUT... since the weather in Provo has gotten warmer, which has been like the past couple weeks, I've felt great! So great that I've been going to the gym simply because I want to feel how warm it was outside hahaha The sun and warmth just gives me so much energy, it's crazy...
So yes... the cold, depressing weather had me down in the dumps for a long time...

I was already nearly 15 weeks when we had our first doctor visit and that was probably the first time it actually hit me that I was really pregnant. We got to see the baby and listen to her heartbeat and I shed some tears... heh And I thought when we saw the baby for the first time it was really big, but then 4 weeks later, she got even bigger!
Anywho, these are the ultrasound pictures from when I was almost 15 weeks.
Body
Face 
Heartbeat
I don't even remember much from weeks 14-18 to be honest. It's kind of been repetitive... I've been eating lots of grapefruits and oranges because they're the best during the winter! Just starting a couple weeks ago, I started feeling hungry more often than before, but still have to control how much I eat. My lower back hurts sometimes, I get gassy at night, and stuff like that. But, nothing out of the ordinary I don't think.

Oh yeah! About my stomach... I don't think my stomach came out much at all during my first trimester. Obviously to other people you couldn't tell, but when I saw my bare stomach, I still couldn't tell. Which is normal by the way.
Howeverrr, it is definitely starting to come out and even more so after I eat. It about doubles in size if I'm full haha I wish I started taking pictures of the progress, but I honestly just felt fat. It didn't feel like a baby growing until now. While it was cold, I just worked out in a sweater so I couldn't even tell if I was showing (actually... I was wearing a sweater 24/7)... but now that it's warmed up, I just wear my workout shirt at the gym and there ain't no use in sucking it in anymore. Some people probably think I just have a belly, but... our baby girl is growing!
I have still yet to take any pictures of the belly. Will I regret it later? Maybe. Probably.

Ohhhh yesss... and the whole peeing thing... it's real! I think it's actually gotten a lot better because I don't wake up in the middle of the night anymore to pee. I got so annoyed because I almost never wake up in the middle of the night... but I knew it wasn't good to hold it in, so I would get out of our warm bed to pee on our ice-cold toilet. Nowadays, as in the past month or so, I still wake up in the middle of the night at times, but not because I have to pee. I just wake up lol But there are times when I have to pee like every 30 minutes during the day.. especially if I'm cold.

Anyway, we found out the gender of our baby at... 19 weeks? I can't remember... somewhere around there, but here are a couple pictures from that!
She's so big! That's a body shot with her face on top if you can't tell haha
So cute...
And that's a shot from down below. Hard to tell, but you can see her legs sticking out on the left and right with her little bum on the bottom
I guess one of the most exciting things that has happened is I can feel her moving! It started out with just little movements that felt like spasms when I was about... 16 weeks? But not until a couple weeks could Justin actually feel her moving haha The first time I let him feel her moving was like at 1 in the morning and even though he barely got any sleep the days before that, he was so excited hahaha
Whenever I feel her moving, I like to just sit and put my hand on her to feel her little kicks lol

I was pretty much around the same weight until I was... 15 weeks? 16 weeks? Ever since, I've been gaining maybe almost a pound per week. I've gained a total of 7 lbs since I've been pregnant! How exciting... I know there's a baby growing inside of me, etc etc., but I don't like to see the numbers going up on the scale lol And I know I'll be gaining lots more in my third trimester. I'm fine with it as long as it's not unnecessary weight from eating so badly hahaaa

About them cravings... outside of fruits, which I always want... and makes me wish it was summer even more so I could eat all the delicious fruits I want without paying a million bucks...
Hot cheetos fries... yes... those are my thing. I can eat the whole bag in one sitting if I let myself really go... but I let it last about one whole day instead of 1 hour heh
I really try not to buy chips, but let me tell you.. it has been UNSUCCESSFUL. Before, I had really great self-control when going to the store, but these days... not so much. I'm trying to wean myself off of those devils... lol

My next visit is in 2.5 weeks! And I'm very very excited because that's when we get a full ultrasound for like 40 minutes just looking at our little baby hehe

And that's about it! I'm mainly doing this for memory's sake, but if you soldier through these posts, much thanks to you :)

Comments

  1. I still feel it's so amazing that you are pregnant!! We got married about the same time and you are already a mom! (and the fact that you still look like 16)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts