The Journey

Despite all the studying that comes with school, I am so grateful for my life. Last week was General Conference and boy, was it good. I felt so inadequate, but at the same time, I felt so edified. I've sat through a lot of General Conferences, and I'm ashamed to say, but that may have been the first time I sat through all sessions and actually gave it my 100%. I wish I did the same in previous conferences, but since I can't go back in time, I know what I need to do in the future.

There are always ups and downs to our lives, but when I really think about it, there are a lot more ups. And I know why. It's because of you guys! (I don't think anybody reads this, but if one day, somebody decides to stop by, I'm talking to you). Sometimes I get so caught up in what I need to get done for school, that I forget to take the time to thank those who help me get through the day. Whether it's just a simple smile when passing by or taking the time to spend time with me.

President Uchtdorf's talk really opened my eyes on how I viewed my life. I would always worry about the next day, the next week, and the next year. Not taking the time to enjoy the present takes away the precious things in life. Truly enjoying the journey, and not focusing so much on the "finish line," brings so much more meaning into our lives.

So enjoy the good times and stop thinking about the end. Take the time to appreciate the people around you and what they do for you. Enjoy the bad times and grow from it. You'll get through it. It's all part of the journey.

Thank YOU.

Comments

Popular Posts